Director, Digital Strategy/Advanstar New York
In this key role, you will develop and manage the digital and social media strategies for the Fashion group: be responsible for strategic plan development, implementation, maintenance and analysis. You will have overall responsibility for web design (working in collaboration with Creative Director) and interactivity, social media engagement, and blog environments. In general, you will provide insight on how to improve the overall attendee and exhibitor show experience using technology.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Websites and Mobile Apps
- Develop and execute the strategic plan for the Advanstar Fashion Group websites and related apps, from developing aesthetically strong (with creative team), engaging and interactive formats, to content creation (working with content team) and results analysis;
- Works with show directors in creating a goal oriented internet and app strategy for exhibitors and attendees.
- With IT, optimize functionality and usage of all digital platforms and ensure smooth integration and cost efficiencies.
- Develop and implement effective and efficient social medial channels, strategy and marketing programs that meet the brand/group goals for viewership, attendance, category penetration, etc.
- Work with the content team to develop and promote quality features and online content, manage fashion bloggers and digital content initiatives
- Manages digital marketing resources (internal and external) to execute social media marketing and content plans with efficiency and strong cost controls.
- Document digital strategies, develop benchmarks and execute research tools to analyze results of digital efforts; provide input and suggestions for improvement of current plans and develop new products/services for online efforts.
- Work with the sponsorship sales team to create and market digital sponsorship initiatives.
SHOP THE FLOOR
- Serves as the point person within the Fashion group’s “Shop the Floor” initiative; work with CEO and CIO to evolve look, feel and efficiency of the platform; develops the script and marketing strategy to the sales teams to successfully market/sell the service.
Prepares visual presentations by designing art and copy layouts. Coding for functioning websites, contest and games.
Four year college degree in digital communication and media, marketing or a related field, or equivalent in experience, combined with at least seven year’s experience in social media, online or direct marketing/ promotion. Management experience in a digital environment with a corporate and/or agency background is required; must have a comprehensive experience in digital advertising, with thorough knowledge of digital marketing major elements, creative design and development processes. Must demonstrate a successful track record with online marketing and direct marketing. Must be analytical with ability to quantify results of marketing programs, and able to identify and translate ideas into projects using hands-on capabilities. Must have strong attention to detail, excellent interpersonal and organizational skills and be computer proficient with MS Office products.
OTHER KEY SUCCESS ATTRIBUTES:
A knowledge of the fashion industry and available marketing resources; ability to stay at or ahead of trends and industry breakthroughs in order to keep Advanstar at a leadership level in digital environment. Innovative and collaborative working style reflective of both a small corporate environment and creative marketing company.
ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls (operate a computer) and talk or hear. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet. Travel is required (up to 30% per year).
Current Openings: Fall/Winter Internship
Are you a college student or recent college grad with an interest in social media, marketing and PR? Everywhere has an Internship Program for qualified candidates who are willing to devote a minimum of 12 hours per week Monday to Friday to our firm. Our interns get experience in all aspects of social media. We don’t just send our interns to the copy machine, instead we provide them with solid opportunities to participate (under our tutelage) in projects as diverse as research, social media audits, blogger and twitter outreach. When a position is available, we do have an intern-to-hire program. We pride ourselves on the fact that through our internship program, we are developing a qualified group of candidates who get a solid grounding in social media marketing and PR.
Interested candidates should email info@beEverywhere.tv
Include a copy of your resume with an email answering the following questions:
1. Why are you interested in social media marketing?
2. When would you be available to start?
3. Which days of the week can you devote to our internship program?
4. Which social channels are you using now?
5. Do you read blogs? If so which blogs do you read and why?
6. Links to your social platforms (Twitter, Facebook, Linked in, Blog – if applicable)